The second network event will be a one-day symposium for network participants held at the Royal College of Music on December 16. The focus of this symposium will be on representation in the classical music industry.
The following network participants will give presentations:
- Doug Bott, Musical Director of Open Up Music
- Dr. Penny Brandt, Head of Development for the Institute for Composer Diversity
- Claudia Clarkson, Business Development Director for WildKat PR
- Dr. Er-Gene Kahng, Professor of Violin, University of Arkansas
- Dr. Lisa McCormick, Lecturer in Sociology, University of Edinburgh
- Ishani O’Connor, Learning and Participation Manager, Chineke! Foundation
- Dr. Christina Scharff, Reader in Gender, Media and Culture, King’s College London
- Dr. Angela Slater, Composer and Founder of the Illuminate Women’s Music project
The participants will prepare short, written previews of their presentations, which will be posted on this blog.