The final network event will be held at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire on April 4, 2020. The morning session will involve discussions among network participants. The afternoon session, which will be open to the public, will feature a keynote by Deborah Annetts, Chief Executive of the Incorporated Society of Musicians, a rehearsed reading of a work-in-progress play entitled Black Mozart, White Chevalier by Dzifa Benson, and a concluding roundtable discussion on the network’s main topics of investigation.
Participants will include:
- Toria Banks, writer and director, founder of HERA
- Dr. Leah Broad, lecturer in music, University of Oxford
- Dr. Carlo Cenciarelli, lecturer in the School of Music at the University of Cardiff
- Martin Cullingford, editor of Gramophone magazine
- Elizabeth de Brito, music radio presenter and writer
- Katie Harling-Lee, researcher and writer
- Dr. Lisa McCormick, lecturer in sociology, University of Edinburgh
- Uchenna Ngwe, performer, researcher, and educator
- Ishani O’Connor, learning and participation manager, Chineke! Foundation
- Dr. Michael Pinchbeck, reader in theatre, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Dr. Tobias Pontara, senior lecturer, University of Gothenberg
- Dr. Angela Slater, composer and founder of the Illuminate Women’s Music project
UPDATE: This event had to be cancelled because of Covid-19. If we are able to reschedule this event, or something like it, in 2021, we will.