- Please arrive at the appropriate lecture room 5 minutes before the start of your session to introduce yourself.
- Signs will be provided that indicate when the speaker has 5 minutes, 1 minute and no time remaining of their talk.
- Please make sure to start the session on time and use the signs to assist the speakers in finishing on time.
- Briefly introduce each speaker before they present, then thank them afterwards and open the floor to questions.
- There will be a further 5 minutes for questions after each presentation. It is your responsibility to stimulate discussion if no questions are forthcoming.
- If a speaker is not present then please advise the audience to attend a talk in an alternative lecture room rather than moving the next talk forward. This will ensure talks occur as scheduled.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before the start of the session and make yourself known to the chair.
- Each lecture room will contain a computer, data projector, laser pointer and white board.
- You are not required to use slides to accompany your talk. If you choose to do so, they must be pdf or Powerpoint (ppt or pptx) files.
- You will be asked to send any slides you may be using to the committee before the conference. A member of the committee will launch your presentation.
- Talks are strictly 15 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions. Any speakers exceeding this time will be asked to stop by the chairperson. The chair will inform you when you have 5 minutes and 1 minute remaining.
For displaying a poster
- Please hand your poster to a committee member upon registering.
- Posters should be A1 size (or smaller). Presenters can choose between portrait or landscape.
- We are not able to print your poster for you. If you would like to print your poster once you arrive in Exeter then please contact directly Print Services who could assist you in this process.
- During the poster session, please remain close to your poster to answer questions from interested participants.
- Your posters should include your name, affiliation and contact details (such as email). You might also consider including a picture of yourself but this is not necessary.
There will be a committee member present in all presentation sessions and at the poster reception. If there are any problems following the instructions above then please contact a member of the committee.