Please use the contact form below, which will send a message to Patrick Ussher, who manages the blog. He can direct your enquiries and will get back to you shortly.
Both Stoic Week 2013 and Stoic Week 2012 attracted considerable media interest.
A full list of print and radio appearances follows:
Stoic Week 2013:
- ‘Anxious? Depressed? Try Greek philosophy’, The Telegraph
- ‘So what are you doing for live like a Stoic week?’, The Spectator
- ‘Try being Stoic for a week?’, The Times Literary Supplement
- ‘Should we be more Stoic?’, The Financial Times
- ‘Rome Truths: Why ancient Stoicism is making a comeback’, Channel 4
- ‘Filozofija za lepše življenje’ (Philosophy for a Better Life), Delo (Slovenian Newspaper)
- Be Calm and Think On: How the Ancients can Save Today’s World (Toronto Globe & Mail)
- Study Questions whether Stoicism can Improve our Lives (The Daily Telegraph)
- ‘That’s Men: Liking Ourselves Unconditionally’ (The Irish Times)
- ‘Columnist Martin Freeman Turns Stoics for a Week’ (Plymouth Herald)
- ‘Is Stoicism the Secret to Happiness?’ (Las Vegas Guardian Express)
- ‘Join Stoic Week and be Happy about it (or Stoic about it, if you’re not’ (Elle Canada)
- ‘People Urged to Grip Stoicism’ (Top News US)
- ‘Ancient Philosophy gets Trial Run in Modern Britain’ (The Epoch Times)
- ‘Want an Unconquerable Mind? Try Stoic Philosophy’ (Forbes)
- ’8 Great Ideas from Stoicism’ (Psychology Today)
- BBC 4 Today Programme (at around the 2 hour 30 minutes mark) With Christopher Gill and Angie Hobbs. Or click here for mp3 of interview.
- BBC World Service discuss Stoic Week with Patrick Ussher (@ minutes 0.00-1.10 and 36.35-42.30),
- BBC NightWaves discuss Stoic Week with Jules Evans, Edith Hall and Mark Vernon
- The Right Hook with George Hook (Newstalk, Irish Radio Station) with Patrick Ussher (@ minutes 19.00 and on).
Stoic Week 2012:
- ‘Be Stoic for a week, stiff upper-lip not required’, The Guardian
- ‘A reminder that Stoicism can be divine’, The Guardian
- ‘Why are we so obsessed with therapy?’, The Independent
- Dagelijkse Standaard, Netherlands, Het Stoïcisme is Springlevand, Michael Van Der Galien.
Stoic Week 2012 was also covered in the Chronicle of Future magazine [UK, Print Only].