“Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you…”

It’s that time of term… assignments piling up, deadlines approaching, exams on the corner. Days in the library seem long and daunting and you can’t even think about Spring break at the moment. Right now, take a short break (at least to read this blogpost) and allow yourself some time to relax, smile and be happy.

On theĀ INTERNATIONAL DAY OF HAPPINESS,Ā we gathered our ideas of happiness and answered the question ‘what makes you happy during this period of term’.

“Most days I’m really excited about doing my course, but when the deadlines start looming up, it can get quite stressful! Those times, I like to sit near Reed Pond and listen to music, while enjoying the serenity there. I also love reading fiction and spend quality time with my favorite characters. It makes me incredibly happy!” – LP

“Taking walks around the Exeter campus makes me happy because of how beautiful it is! As a nature lover, I really appreciate a campusĀ that not only has amazing facilities, but also has lakes and parklands. I also can’t help but get excited when I see bunnies on campus!” – Nicola

“During these cold days, I like to stayĀ inside with myĀ favourite book or an episode of my favourite series, have a nice cuppa and wrap myself up in my softest blanket (itā€™s so soft, itā€™s happiness in itself!). When the sun is out, I like to go for a walk along the Quay or to the Cathedral Green. Itā€™s a good break from my studies, truly refreshing and makes me happy.” – Niki

We clap along, as we know what happiness is to us.

Do you?