The Big Bang Fair celebrates STEM subjects in the UK for 7-19 year olds. Sara Honey was invited by The Gatsby Foundation to volunteer at their Technicians Make it Happen stand on 14th & 15th March 2019. She says “my day at the Big Bang Fair was spent engaging with students, parents, teachers and fellow technicians promoting technical careers, their pathways and raising awareness of the important roles technicians play in everyday life. I was able to talk to the visitors about my current role as Assistant Laboratory Manager and the skills and techniques I have acquired during my technical career. Visitors to the stand were also able to spend time with me taking part in mini workshops, testing their precision, analytical and problem solving skills. The exhibition hall was bursting with enthusiasm from all of the visitors and staff. During some downtime I was able to explore the show, taking in information from the stall holders and viewing the entries for UK Scientist of the Year competition. The staff from The Gatsby Foundation are inspiring, supportive and made myself and the other volunteer technicians feel very welcome, making the two days valuable and memorable. The Big Bang Fair is an exciting event that showcases impressive work, proving to all that attended the variety of ways that Technicians really do make it happen #TMIH.”