Looking back at the World of Web Technologies

ian wip

Hello all.

This is a first post from me, Nick Southall, on the WIP blog; Darren and Rich having kindly asked me to write something here about the event, so I thought I’d promote my own contribution to the day, because that’s the kind of guy I am.

Firstly, here are a couple of Flickr sets of photos I took on the day: Preparing / The showcase itself

I set up a Flickr group for the event too, but so far I’m the only person to have added anything  (Darren promises he’ll put some photos in there ASAP).

I also recorded a handful of podcasts before, during, and after the event, both of my own witterings and those of a few other people (I won’t link you to those, however, as they really are just people rambling – more so than my own, even).

I think everyone who helped organise and deliver the event felt like it had been a great success (I certainly did), and we’ve guestimated that 200 people must have come through during the 3+ hours we were open.  Every attendee I spoke to seemed thoroughly impressed and pleased with the services, technologies, and wisdom (!?) on offer from all our stands (even mine and Jeff’s).  I’ve even had several people from my own office (Research & Knowledge Transfer) ask when the next one will be, which I’m taking as a good sign.

I do hope we put another WIP showcase event on, and we’re already brainstorming ideas for how we can improve things (not setting the tea urn on fire would be a good start) to make for an even better day for all concerned.  I’m pretty confident that Friday’s popularity means we’ll do it again in due course.

Cheerio for now!

Nick

One Response

Page 1 of 1
  1. Darren
    Darren 29th Mar, 2010 at 3:58 pm | |

Nice post Nick, tis good to have another contributor to the blog!