Are you a prospective student joining us in September 2015? If so, you are now able to activate your accommodation account online in readiness for the applications opening at 10:00am on Monday 13 April.
For undergraduate students, if you meet our accommodation guarantee and apply before the deadline of 31 July 2015 you will be guaranteed a bed space. Remember, applications are not dealt with on a first come, first served basis, and allocations to residences are processed randomly. This means that you must not panic if you have put your application in later than the 13th April, because you have just as much chance of getting one of your top three choices as someone who puts their application in on 31 July 2015.
For postgraduate students, we will be starting the allocation process later this month to those students who meet our accommodation guarantee and will deal with applications in the date order of receipt.
Please use the time over the next few days to think about the type of accommodation you would like to apply for. To make the process easier, make sure you look at our self-catered and catered residence pages to see information for individual residences and virtual tours of our accommodation.
The application is the place to tell us your preferred accommodation requirements and you may be asked questions on the following:
- Your top three choices of residence, if applicable, when applying before 31 July 2015.
- Your top four interests – maybe you are a sporty person, a musical person or like socialising? No matter what your interest we will aim to match you with people who have similar interests to you. Creating great conversation starters for your very first day!
- The ages of people you wish to live with – whether you’re a fresh new undergraduate or a mature student with a few more years behind you, we shall endeavour to match you with people of the ages you have specified.
- If you wish to live in a mixed gender or same sex flat.
- Whether you wish to live with quiet people.
- Do you have a friend studying here at the same time and you wish to share a flat with them? There is an option for that – you just need to ensure that you both state the name and student number of each other.
- A medical requirement which might need you to stay within one of our accessible rooms or maybe you require a room on the ground floor. Please discuss any options that you may have with our AccessAbility team who will be able to support your application.
Please bear in mind that when we are allocating rooms, we do take into consideration preferences made on your application.
If you have any questions then have a look at our FAQs to see if they are able to help. If not, then we are available on 0300 555 0444 or can be emailed by: firstname.lastname@example.org.