Contracts end on Saturday 10 June for those students who are currently living within catered accommodation and on Saturday 18 June for those students currently living in self-catered accommodation. Please see below for some useful information about your departure:
Leaving your room
Prior to vacating your accommodation we recommend you follow the steps below for a smooth departure:
- Read the Moving Out pages on the website including the Moving Out Guide.
- Leave your accommodation clean and tidy and book a Room Inspection with your Residence Reception.
- Report any faults to your room e.g. block sink or lights not working.
- Remove your belongings – do not leave anything behind.
- Storage for the summer – this is not available on campus and we recommend you look to local storage companies if you require storing any of your belongings over the summer vacation.
- Keys & Fobs – these must be returned by no later than 10:00am on your accommodation contract end date.
Leaving unwanted items behind
Remember the old saying that ‘one mans trash is another mans treasure’, well please bear in mind that there are a number of donation points on campus where you can donate the following to the British Heart Foundation:
- Books and stationery
- Clothes and shoes – in good condition and clean, shoes in pairs
- Crockery, cutlery, glassware and other kitchen equipment. Please wrap any sharp knives
- DVDs and CDs
- Electrical items
For further information about collection points and how your donated items can help, please see our recent blog post.
Contacting your Residence Reception
If you have any additional enquiries about your departure, please contact your Residence Reception directly for them to answer any last minute queries.
Please note that next week’s Thursday blog will be our last one for current students until you join back with us in September. Next week we will be updating you all with our availability during the summer vacation.