Well we’re now in the last week of June which means that there is just over one month remaining until our Accommodation Guarantee Deadline on 31 July. Please read below for some useful information about website updates, when offers are being sent and what to do if you are receiving an error message:
New images added to our website
We have added a number of new images of some of our residences to our Flickr collection. These include the shared bathrooms within our standard catered accommodation and some accessible facilities for students who require adapted rooms for a medical requirement.
Offers being sent to Unconditional Undergraduate students
We are currently allocating rooms to those Undergraduate students who have applied for accommodation and hold an Unconditional Firm offer to study a couse at the University of Exeter for 2016/17. Please note that we hope to send applications out from Friday 1 July onwards. You will receive an email when we have made you an offer and you will be given a 5 day expiry date. In order to confirm the booking you will need to accept the offer and pay a £300.00 deposit during this time.
If you have accepted your offer and paid your accommodation deposit but your accommodation account is still saying “awaiting deposit” or you have been emailed to chase your deposit, please note that it can take up to 48 hours for a deposit to be processed. Your offer will not expire as long as you have accepted the contract. If you have not received a confirmation email after three days, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What if a red ‘error’ message appears when I try to activate my account?
If you see a red error message then please check the following before contacting the Accommodation Office:
- That your name starts with a capital letter and has no spaces at the end. It must be written as per your offer letter/email from the University of Exeter, especially if you have a double barrelled surname.
- Your date of birth is entered as the full year e.g. ‘1997’ and not just ’97’.
- Your nine digit student ID number has been written down correctly.
- Postgraduate students are required to pay a tuition fee deposit before they can activate an account.
- If you already have an account from a previous login attempt (maybe last year) please click on ‘reactivate my account’ in the top left to proceed.
Re-activating your accommodation account
Students who may wish to change the email address attached to their accommodation account or cannot remember their login details then you are able to re-activate your accommodation account with new information. This will not lose any details or applications already sent to us.
If you have any questions about any of the above, then we can also be contacted via our Facebook page between 9:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday.