Today marks the start of our daily blog posts which will run between now and Friday 15 September. During this time the blogs will be posted at 10:00am Monday to Friday. They will provide information about applications, offers and arrivals and will prepare you for all things accommodation between now and Arrivals Weekend.
How to videos
We have created five ‘how to’ videos based around our different accommodation systems. We strongly recommend that these are viewed prior to completing each activity because they provide step by step information. These videos are as follows:
- How to activate an accommodation account (once you have a firm course offer with the University of Exeter)
- How to submit an application for accommodation
- How to accept an offer of accommodation (once you have been sent an offer of accommodation via email)
- How to complete your online eInduction (once you’ve been sent an email)
- How to book your arrival slot (once you’ve completed the eInduction and been sent an email about arranging your check-in)
Accommodation guarantee no longer available
Applications for accommodation received from 1 August onwards are not covered by our Accommodation Guarantee. We expect that demand for University accommodation will be high and we may only have a limited number of rooms for students who do not meet our guarantee. Please read the information on our dedicated webpage for further assistance and advice.
Applying for accommodation?
If you are applying from now (after our guarantee deadline) you are able to choose three preferences of accommodation, however, you will be unable to choose specific residences within your application and instead are only able to choose the following:
- Type of accommodation e.g. catered or self-catered
- Room type e.g. standard, en-suite or studio
- Contract length
There is a notes section within the application, so please provide any additional information within this section.
As well as our daily blog posts, we will also be keeping you updated on news and events via our Facebook page. If you haven’t liked our page already then we would recommend you do so in order to get the latest accommodation information. If you don’t have a Facebook account then don’t worry, we also have a live stream of our posts which show on the right hand side of our Accommodation website homepage, so you won’t miss out.