There are a number of events taking place on campus and the Residence Life Team have got so much in store for you all. Take a look below to find out more:
Residence Life Team Events
Some of these events have been so popular that they have already sold out or second coaches have been organised in order to accommodate all of the interest. Still available are the following (click on the links in order to be redirected straight to the Online Store to find out more):
- Visit to the Donkey Sanctuary, Sidmouth – Saturday 17 February
- Day trip to Cardiff for sightseeing and shopping- Saturday 10 March
- Visit the Eden Project, Cornwall – Saturday 17 March
- Campus Easter Egg Hunt (see poster) – Thursday 22 March
Chinese New Year
We let you know in last weeks blog post exactly what our catered halls are doing to celebrate the Chinese New Year: Year of the Dog – take a look to see what is happening in your halls this Friday 16 February and how you can take part if you’re living in a self-catered residence.
As well as this on Sunday 4 March the University will celebrate this event with some of the biggest celebrations in the city, usually attended by over 2,500 people. The events take place between 1:00pm-6:30pm and the following line up is currently planned (exact details will be confirmed nearer the time):
- 13.00 Dragon and Lion traditional dancing, starts at Buffet City, through Cathedral Green, performance in Bedford Square, processing along the High Street and Gandy Street to the Royal Albert Museum (weather dependent)
- 15.00 Dragon and Lion dancing parade at Great Hall Piazza, Streatham Campus (inside the Great Hall if wet weather)
- 15.00 Chinese Market, food, martial arts demonstrations, performances and activities suitable for all inside the Forum)
- 18.30 (or shortly after) Fireworks to be viewed from XFI Building (weather dependent).
If you are a student and would like to get involved in the celebrations as a volunteer please contact . For all other information and to keep updated on these celebrations, please see our website.