Accommodation Fair: What to expect.
Are you thinking about where you will be living next year? The Students’ Guild Accommodation Fair gives students the opportunity to speak to a range of private accommodation providers and experts all in one place. We want to help you make sure your next move is the right move, so we encourage students to come along on a ‘fact-finding’ mission and join us for the day!
There are lots of stalls to explore from large private providers to landlords as well as the University of Exeter Accommodation team, the Students’ Guild and others. If you are thinking of looking for a group of students to share with next year, this is a great event to come along to – Why not interact with some of the other students who may be in the same position?
You might also want to be prepared and bring a list of questions that you would like to ask on the day. Things to think about asking private providers are:
- What is your price range for accommodation?
- Do you offer a mix of room types? (studios, en-suite, shared flats or townhouses)
- What locations are your halls located in and around Exeter?
- Do you provide any social spaces and an events calendar for students?
- How do I arrange a viewing?
- Can I cancel my contract if I change my mind?
If you are coming along on the day to enquire about private housing, shared houses and lodgings, you could think about asking other questions such as:
- What paperwork is involved?
- Is there an admin fee for referencing and joining the agency?
- Is there a price difference between prime and less popular locations?
- How to arrange a viewing?
- What happens if we’ve signed a contract but then decide we no longer want to live together?
- What choice of accommodation is available later in the year?
We hope this has helped to give you a good idea of what to expect from the Accommodation Fair. As well as being able to ask as many questions as you like and explore lots of different housing options, you can enjoy freebies, prices, fun games and competitions.
The Accommodation Fair is on Thursday 28 November from 11:00 to 14:00 in the Great Hall, Streatham Campus. We look forward to seeing you there.