After all of that hard work, results are finally in! Congratulations to you all on your A-Level results and especially for getting through such a difficult year! We all really look forward to welcoming you to the Exeter in September. Our blog today will be going over some of the finer points you may have missed with all things accommodation.
Applying for University accommodation
If, after receiving your results, you have decided to come to the University of Exeter for 2020/21 and have not yet applied for accommodation – don’t worry. Although our guarantee deadline has now passed, you are still able to submit an application online once your academic offer has been made firm through UCAS and with our Admissions Team. Once you receive a firm offer, please allow between one to two working days for your information to update on our system and follow the steps below.
- Read the information on our ‘Applying from 1 August onwards‘ page to see which rooms are likely to be available*.
- See our prospective students web pages for further information on the different accommodation types and the three standards of rooms we have available.
- Make a decision about the type of accommodation you would prefer.
- Watch our student led ‘Living in self-catered‘ or ‘Living in catered‘ videos for information on student life.
- Follow the information on our ‘how to apply‘ webpage.
- Activate an Accommodation Account. (Links to our ‘how to’ video).
- Submit an application for accommodation. (Links to our ‘how to’ video).
- Follow us on Facebook to be kept updated on any important notes or information about any system downtime.
*Please note that accommodation applications made after 1 August will be processed on a first come, first served basis in date order of receipt. We will keep you up-to-date about the availability of University rooms via our blog.
You can search for private accommodation in the City through landlords, purpose-built residences through large providers or through student letting agencies via our Studentpad website. View our ‘how to use Studentpad‘ video for a step by step guide on searching for private housing using this site.
We have a dedicated ‘private housing‘ web page which provides advice about looking for accommodation in the City. Further resources can also be found on our June blog post about searching for private accommodation and our video from students living in private housing.
Undergraduate students – Coming to Exeter and applied before the guarantee deadline?
We will start sending accommodation offers out from Monday 17 August to those students who had Exeter as their first choice of University, applied for accommodation before the guarantee deadline and have now received a confirmed academic place at our Exeter campuses. You will receive an email to advise you when the offer is ready for you to view. Please view our ‘how to accept an offer of accommodation’ video for a step by step guide on what to do once you receive an offer. Please note that your offer does come with an expiry date!
We will send these offers out in batches (not all at the same time) so please don’t think that if you haven’t heard earlier in the week that you have missed out. We encourage you to check our ‘Room Allocation Procedure‘ for information on how we allocate rooms.
If you have any enquiries about the application process or have received an room offer that you are unsure of – before you reject this, we recommend that you contact us on 0300 555 0444 to see if we can help.