With lock down over and the student travel corridor dates now in place, we thought we would update you on a few things as the winter break approaches.
End of Term – Friday 11 December
Those of you in University accommodation will shortly be receiving an end of term newsletter via email to your university email account. Make sure to have a thorough read of this as it contains important information about end of term arrangements and what you will need to do.
- If you’re staying on campus for the Christmas holidays please let us know as soon as possible via our survey so that we can ensure that we know you’re here in case of emergencies and to plan for our essential repair works.
- If you’re not staying in your accommodation over the holidays then please make sure to leave your communal areas tidy, lock your bedroom door and turn off any electrical items in your room. Please keep your key with you; it does not need to be handed in when you leave.
- If you are living in one of our nominated residences then please contact them directly to find out arrangements for the vacation period.
- Return your keys to reception by 1pm on Saturday 12 December or leave them in the ‘Drop-box’ outside if reception is closed.
- Refer to the newsletter which will be emailed out on Tuesday to find out whether you need to remove all your belongings from your room.
- If you would like to stay in Exeter over the holidays we have some self-catered accommodation available with a set period of 12 December – 3 January. Please contact the Accommodation Office as soon as possible if you think that you may wish to stay so we can make the arrangements for you. You will need to transfer to another residence for the vacation period.
- Please leave your room and communal areas clean and tidy.
For more information please see our moving out pages and be sure to read your newsletter!
Staying over the winter break:
Our teams will be available during the winter break and will be able to help and support you.
- Receptions will remain open for most of the vacation but opening times may vary. Also, some may close between 25 and 28 December and 1 January. Our residence reception webpage will be updated with opening times.
- Our Residence Life team will be on hand throughout the vacation on their Instant Chat between 12 noon and 2pm and 6pm and 9pm from 12 to 18 December. From 19 December to 3 January, they will be available from 6pm to 9pm. There are also several special events being planned so for updates please visit their webpage.
- The Accommodation team will continue to offer our virtual appointments until Friday 11 December and we will be available until 5pm on Tuesday 22 December via SID On-line if you have any queries about your accommodation contract. We will return on Monday 4 January.
Christmas day lunch:
- There will be a Christmas day lunch with all the trimmings and some mulled wine at Holland Hall. The event will begin at 12:30PM on Friday 25 December and all are welcome to attend. Enjoy a welcome drink and a festive 2-course lunch followed by watching the Queen’s Speech. Tickets priced at £10.00 are only on sale until midday on Friday 18 December. You can purchase tickets here.
- Please note: Due to the current restrictions this event will follow social distancing guidelines and you will be asked to follow these during the day. Attendees will be sat singly and we will not be able to sit you in bubble groups. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate family groups or children this year.
There is a dedicated “Christmas at Exeter” webpage which gives you lots of information about the facilities and services available in the University over Christmas.