Good morning everyone!
As we’re getting into a new month, we’re also moving into a new phase when it comes to applying for accommodation with us. The guarantee deadline of 31st July has now passed, so if you haven’t yet applied, read on to find out what this means for you.
Applying after the deadline
- Students applying from 1st August will not be covered by our Accommodation Guarantee. This includes undergraduate students who are coming to the University of Exeter through clearing, or those that have selected Exeter as their insurance choice.
- Don’t worry, you can still apply for accommodation with us but you can only do that once you have firmly accepted a place on a course for undergraduate students or your deposit has been confirmed as received by the University if you taking a place as a postgraduate.
- Please allow two days for all of your offer information to be transferred to the Accommodation Office. If you have any questions about your offer with the University, please speak to our admissions team.
- If the University was your insurance or clearing choice, or you’ve received a place through adjustment, you can apply for accommodation once your offer is confirmed.
- We encourage you to apply for accommodation as soon as you’ve firmed Exeter, because although we do our best to house as many new students as possible after the 31st July, we will process applications in date order of receipt from that date.
- When you apply after the deadline, you will not be able to choose a specific residence, but you will still be able to select 3 preferences of accommodation and the type of accommodation you prefer (such as the level of catering, en-suite or standard and your contract length).
- Once you submit an application for accommodation, we will provide updates to you via email and advise you if we can offer you accommodation. For postgraduate students, this will happen with 5 working days of your application being submitted. For undergraduate students who are awaiting confirmation of their results, this will be from week commencing 29 August onwards.
What happens if you are unable to offer me University accommodation?
If we are unable to provide a place in University accommodation please don’t panic! There is plenty of private accommodation throughout Exeter and we’ll advise you of alternative options, so you can make your own arrangements for living in the city.
Good luck with your application journey and keep an eye on this Accommodation Blog which will provide regular helpful updates between August and September.