Notice: Undefined index: reset in /var/www/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/cets_blog_defaults.php on line 733

Deprecated: define() was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 3.0.0! The constant VHOST is deprecated. Use the boolean constant SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL in wp-config.php to enable a subdomain configuration. Use is_subdomain_install() to check whether a subdomain configuration is enabled. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5497
Why I Joined the Young Apprenticeship Ambassador Network - Apprenticeships

Posted by on 19 February 2020

Georgie Rand
Gas Engineer
Direct Works Team
(Former Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician, level 2 and 3)

Why would you like to join the YAAN

I would like to join the YAAN as I think I would be a good person to talk to regarding apprenticeships as I have completed mine and also completed the next levels in my career.  

I would love to think that I could have helped someone decide the path to take for their future.

How have you benefitted from your apprenticeship

I have benefited from my apprenticeship as I am now a fully qualified commercial gas engineer and without my apprenticeship taking me through the first step of my gas exams I would never have got to where I am today. 

I have gained real work experience throughout my apprenticeship with a ‘hands-on’ attitude, which helped me to develop my skills along the way. I also benefitted by earning whilst I was learning, instead of having to balance out a full-time college course and a job at the same time.

What would you advice a Young person considering an apprenticeship

Anyone considering an apprenticeship should definitely take chance. Completing an apprenticeship will automatically boost your career prospects, you’ll be able to develop the key skills that employers want in the sector you are working in. 

You can pick up skills that are adaptable to any industry, so if you completed an apprenticeship but decide that you want to take a different path then you still have real-life work experience that employers will look for.