The annual Grounds Staff Celebration Event was held on Friday 6th December 2019; this event is held every year to thank all our staff for their hard work, enthusiasm and dedication during the past year and to celebrate our successes.
- Successful Open Days with excellent feedback on the quality of the grounds;
- Successful Graduation ceremonies;
- Successful Redcot Garden Party;
- Success in resecuring the Green Flag Award for Streatham Campus and St Luke’s Campus;
- Success in delivering an excellent student outdoor sports experience and a BUCS top 10 league position;
- Success with increasing income through plant sales;
- Success in delivering business as usual during severe weather incidents such a high winds and snow and ice treatments;
- Success in achieving over 2,800 followers on the Grounds social media platform.
The Grounds staff celebrating!
The staff also have an opportunity to vote for the prestigious Grounds awards! The fabulous winners this year were:
Most Improved Award
Most Cheerful Award
Turn To Award
Secret Santa Award
Star of the Year Award
On the 4th September the Grounds Teams got together to celebrate our achievements this year, including retaining the Green Flag Award for both campuses and for another successful Graduation Week.
We enjoyed a barbecue at Holland Hall with some fun awards and a quiz, which really brought out the competitive side of some of our gardeners! The weather wasn’t quite up to snuff – hence the dark photos – but we are a hardy lot in the Grounds team and it takes more than an overcast day to stop us!
Ross, from our Sports Team, was awarded the ‘Star of the Year’ award, and, as with all the best award ceremonies, he was not available on the day to collect his award, so our Grounds Operations Manager, David Evans, presented him with his trophy the following week.
Awards were also received by Helen, Clive, Luke and Derek for being all round good eggs.