Below is a list of past and planned meetings. We are happy to publicise relevant events organised by others via our newsletter.
Upcoming CliMathNet Meetings
Subscribe to our newsletter to hear first announcements of upcoming meetings.
Previous CliMathNet meetings
- Virtual CliMathNet workshop, Institute for Mathematical Innovation 12th May 2020
- Maths of the Economy and Climate, Utrecht 15th-17th July 2019
- Sixth Annual Meeting of CliMathNet, Reading 19th-21st Sept 2018
- Fifth Annual Meeting of CliMathNet, Reading 29th Aug- 1st Sept 2017
- Fourth Annual Meeting of CliMathNet, Exeter 5th – 8th July 2016
- Third Annual Meeting of CliMathNet, Bath 6th-10th July 2015
- Second Annual Meeting of CliMathNet, Leeds 14th-18th July 2014
- First Annual Meeting of CliMathNet, Exeter 1st-5th July 2013
Other previous events
Over the course of the funding period (2012 to 2018) CliMathNet and ReCoVER supported a number of events. These include:
- Pacing and synchronization of palaeoclimate variability, 29-30th June 2017, Dartington Hall, Devon (joint PEN/ReCoVER)
- Workshop: Next Generation HPC architectures for studying climate variability, Exeter 20-22nd March 2017
- Workshop: The influence of weather and climate variability on water resources management, 23-24th January 2017, Rougemont Hotel, Exeter (joint BRIM/ReCoVER)
- CliMathNet Virtual Outreach Conference: Reaching out from Maths and Environmental Science. 2 – 4pm, 21st June 2016.
- Big Bang Fair South West 2016. 29th June 2016, University of Exeter. CliMathNet / ReCoVER hosted a stand at this event
- Climate Tipping Points Workshop. 17 – 20th April 2016. Dartington Hall, Totnes, UK.
- Computational and Data Challenges in Environmental Modelling. 10th February 2016. Issac Newton Institute, Cambridge, UK.
- ReCoVER-TEDDINET Workshop: Mathematical challenges of managing energy variability in the face of weather and climate variability workshop. 14th – 15th January 2016. Birmingham.
- Statistics for Climate Science: A course for Principal Investigators, 18th September 2015. Royal Statistical Society, London, UK
- XXXV Dynamics Days Europe 2015:
- The Role of Statistics in the Analysis of Climate Models. Wednesday 9th September 2015.
- Decision analysis for policy support in climate change adaptation and mitigation, Exeter, 20th-21st April 2015.
- Non-equilibrium Dynamics of Climate: linking models to data, Dartington Hall, 5th-7th January 2015.
- Climate Variability: from Data and Models to Decisions, Lorentz Centre, Leiden, 1-5 December 2014
- Workshop on Scalability, ECMWF, Reading, 14-15 April 2014.
- Mathematics for Forecasting Environmental Change Workshop,
- Diderot Mathematical Forum 2013, Mathematics of Planet Earth, Berlin/Exeter/Zagreb, December 17th 2013
- Workshop on Global Invariance in Yearly Temperature Volatility: A Conservation Property Implicit in Governing Climate PDEs?, Cambridge Newton Institute, 26th November 2013, 1pm-5pm
- Workshop on Tipping Points: Fundamentals and Applications, ICMS Edinburgh, 9-13th September, 2013