This years Business School Postgraduate Research Awards were held on June 17 2016. Awards include Postgraduate Research Champion (Student and Staff) and Best Presentation (each discipline) winners from the day included:
Postgraduate Research Champion (Student) 2016- Hugh Waters
- Hugh Waters is a highly active and engaged PGR.
- Hugh was successful in securing external funds to run a Great Ideas Start with Discussion initiative. This comprised forums to discuss topics across the PGR community in which speakers were invited to attend.
- He was successful in securing additional funds to run a collaboration conference, held at the University of Exeter. PGR students across Bristol, Bath and Exeter were invited to attend the conference and present their research or a poster. Speakers were also invited to discuss the topic of collaboration.
- Both of these have been highly successful and attended by PGRs across the university, allowing the PGR community to develop professional and friendship connections within disciplines and within and across universities.
Postgraduate Research Champion (Staff) 2016- Professor Gareth Shaw
- Professor Gareth Shaw is a highly supportive supervisor.
- He provides critical, complementary and timely feedback to work submitted without fail.
- He is adaptive to the needs of the student whilst being able to guide the student through their studies.
- Gareth encourages his students to engage with the research community within and external to the university. He provides suggestions for training schools and collaboration.
Best Presentation Winners at the annual Business School Postgraduate Research Conference
Accounting– Festo Nyende Tusubira
Economics– Lorenz Harmann
Finance– Ozkan Haykir
Management Studies– Louisa Hood
Organisation Studies– Matt Gitsham