Lucca (Italy), 27-28 October 2016
The next meeting of the Italian Trade Study Group (ITSG) will take place in Lucca (Italy) on 27-28 October 2016, organized by the IMT School for Advanced Studies, in collaboration with Fondazione Manlio Masi.
Since 1998, ITSG organizes periodical meetings of researchers and experts to discuss most relevant topics of international economics. This year, submissions are invited in all topics of international trade. However, works on the organization of ‘Global Production Networks’ and on ‘Microfoundations of Aggregate Fluctuations’ will be particularly welcome. Among topics of special interest, we will consider:
• Firms, industries, countries, and the organization of Global Production Networks
• Knowledge diffusion in Global Innovation Networks
• Heterogeneous firms, Granularity and Aggregate Fluctuations
• Value Chains and Supply Chains
• Geography of Production, and Agglomeration
• Trade policy implications of Global Value Chains and Production Networks
Keynote speaker: Julian di Giovanni (Universitat Pompeu Fabra).
Complete papers (or advanced drafts) should be submitted to Segreteria Fondazione Masi – – by September 15. The acceptance of the papers will be notified no later than October 1.
The Scientific Committee for this meeting includes: Gabor Békés (HAS-CEU), Italo Colantone (Bocconi), Rosario Crinò (Cattolica), Giorgia Giovannetti (University of Florence), Roberta Rabellotti (Università di Pavia), Armando Rungi (IMT Lucca), Lucia Tajoli (Politecnico Milano), Gianluca Santoni (CEPII).
Local organizer: Armando Rungi (IMT Lucca)
For further information, please visit the event page: https://www.imtlucca.it/workshop-itsg/