The Euro-Latin Network on Integration and Trade (ELSNIT) is now accepting submissions of papers examining adjustment to deeper economic integration –global and regional- (in terms of trade, FDI, migration), the challenges thereof, and adjustment policies along the economic and institutional dimensions. In particular, submitted papers should address questions such the following:
- Adjustment to Deeper Economic Integration. More
- Challenges to Adjusting to Deeper Economic Integration.More
- Policies to Adjust to Deeper Economic Integration. More
Both theoretical and empirical contributions will be considered, but in all cases priority will be given to papers identifying and shedding light on relevant policy questions such as those outlined above, including case studies of policies followed by national or international organizations, in particular. Furthermore, submission of papers that, in doing this, explicitly contrast successful and failed cases, comparing countries within a certain a geographical area, is strongly encouraged. Important lessons are expected to be drawn from these contributions for Latin American and Caribbean countries.
The selected papers will be presented along invited contributions at the XV Annual ELSNIT Conference that will be hosted by the Centre for Economic Performance (CEP) in London, United Kingdom, on October 20-21, 2017. This year the conference is part of a series of activities and events organized and taking place in the framework of an Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI)-Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)-World Trade Organization (WTO) research initiative on adjustment to deeper economic integration. In this regard, this ELSNIT conference will be followed by another meeting focused on the same topic but primarily concentrated on the Asian experiences that will be hosted by the ADBI in Tokyo in November 2017.
- The deadline for submissions is May 15, 2017.
- The final selection of papers will be made by June 5, 2017 by the network coordinators. More
- The final versions of the papers must be delivered by September 20, 2017.
- The selected papers will be presented along invited contributions at the XV Annual ELSNIT Conference that will be hosted by the CEP in London, United Kingdom, on October 20-21, 2017.
The selected authors’ and invited discussants’ travel expenditures (economy class) and per diems to participate at the conference will be reimbursed by the IDB. Detailed guidelines explaining the logistics of the conference will be provided at a later stage. Please circulate this call for papers among your colleagues and other potentially interested parties.
REGISTRATION AND SUBMISSION OF PAPERS:
If you are interested in participating, please fill out the form online and submit your work through this website.