Audit Intern – PwC

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

As an intern in the audit line of service I  was thrown straight to assist with the auditing of some of the firms that are clients of the Cardiff office. For example, I assisted with the audit of Lloyds Banking group. This was done after some brief training but mostly I was to learn on the job by doing, and by asking questions of my colleagues. This involved either working in the Cardiff office or travelling around to work in the client office. I was responsible for ensuring that financial information was correctly reported, and thus compliant with regulation, and simultaneously providing confidence to investors.

I improved my interpersonal skills, making lots of valuable contacts and new friends.

I was able to do some of the less complicated tasks, reducing the workload for my colleagues; even completing an entire project on my own.

Did you encounter any problems during the course of your internship and if so, how did you overcome them?

It was initially very scary to have to go and ask the client face-to-face for financial information. However I asked my colleagues to help me prepare what I would say and rehearsed it, and eventually it became much easier as i developed a rapport and a relationship with the client.