Careers Administrator and Project Coordinator – Employment Services, University of Exeter

Universtiy of Exeter Internships, UoE Internships, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

My main responsibilities were booking rooms, planning the ‘Core Skills’ and ‘Focus On…’ event programmes, asking who was available to run the sessions, after which I would upload the events onto the CareerZone website. I sent feedback forms to those who attend sessions. I collated this information and attendance numbers to improve the programme for the future to become more targeted and efficient in running the sessions. As a project coordinator I worked on various different projects including running a psychometric testing project for students, responding to queries about the project and sending out online vouchers after the project was complete. Another project I worked on was the ‘Finalist Futures’ campaign targeting final year students to engage with the service before leaving the University.

My biggest achievement was managing large scale, multi-faceted projects, which helped me learn lots of new skills such as timeline planning for months in advance, how to do mail merges, listening to what is required and bringing elements of the projects in on time and below estimated costs.

My role reduced the administration time required by the team leader to set up the termly programme of ‘Core Skills’ and ‘Focus On…’ events. By making this programme more efficient, I also saved time for the whole team, due to a reduction in delivery time. I also worked to save money for the team on projects through researching different ways of completing the same action.