Charity Volunteer – Macmillan Cancer Research

03

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

I interviewed volunteers and people who are receiving support from Macmillan and then produced promotional material for Macmillan to use in order to spread awareness of the support they provide.

I really developed my communication and logistical skills. I contacted a number of different people, arranged to meet them and interviewed them all by myself.

I was able to produce a set of leaflets which will be used by Macmillan to promote the work that they do as well as encourage more people to come and volunteer for them.

Did you encounter any problems during the course of your internship and if so, how did you overcome them?

I often needed to interview two people at once (the volunteer and receiver of care) at the same time and was sometimes difficult to find a time that suited all three of us. In order to overcome this i had to be very organised with my time.