Data Input Assistant – Employment Services, University of Exeter

Universtiy of Exeter Internships, UoE Internships, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

My main role was to input internship application data into a spreadsheet. Other roles included uploading internship vacancies, drafting contracts and other paperwork, helping at Careers Fairs and events and other general administration activities.

What would you say was your biggest achievement over the course of your internship?

I experienced working as a staff member rather than seeing the University from a student viewpoint, which has increased my confidence for making the transition from a student to the working environment. I have also gained valuable experience working in an office.

What benefits did your internship bring to your employer?

I collated internship application data into one spreadsheet which can then be used for statistical analysis. I also helped to lighten the workload for my colleagues by completing smaller tasks which allowed them to focus on more important and urgent work.

“Anna was an excellent intern. She was keen, reliable, hardworking and a quick learner. She was able to provide valauble support at a very busy time, assiting with vacancy uploading and contract support. Her data inputting was accurate and efficient and she was a pleasure to have on the team.” – Operations Officer, Employment Services