Employer Case Study – UppFutures

“Our intern was really beneficial for us by taking the lead with our marketing activities, creating eye-catching social media posts, and writing content for our website.”

How did hosting an intern via the Professional Pathways programme benefit you and your organisation?
As a small charity, we struggle to strike the balance between investing time and efforts into the charitable projects and raising awareness of our cause – which directly helps us with more successful fundraising. Our intern was really beneficial for us by taking the lead with our marketing activities, creating eye-catching social media posts, and writing content for our website.

How was your experience of hosting a remote working intern?
There were no problems working remotely, I tried to make myself available as much as possible but due to meetings occasionally I wasn’t able to respond as quickly as I would have liked. Luckily, our intern was very proactive!

Given the Professional Pathways internship is 35 hours in total, how would you recommend ensuring both you and your intern(s) gain as much as possible from the experience?
From past experiences and my career in marketing, I am aware that 35 hours has limitations, however, I overcame this by ensuring there were distinct objectives prior to induction. I tried to keep admin to a minimum by setting up logins and programmes to enable the intern to focus solely on output rather than time-consuming admin tasks.

Why would you recommend Professional Pathways to other employers?
You get a very passionate and determined person who will move your organisation forward, regardless of how long they spend with you.