Intern – Fozmula Ltd

Universtiy of Exeter Internships, UoE Internships, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

I was responsible for continuing the development of a new oil depth measurement probe, including testing and design improvement. I also carried out extensive research regarding product compatibility and which of the company’s products are compatible with the many different types of fuels and fluids.

What would you say was your biggest achievement over the course of your internship?

I developed many skills, including testing and improving products in an industrial environment, solving real world product issues using previous knowledge and working to deadlines and routines set by employees. I also developed many social skills, such as working on projects with other employees and regularly performing research by phoning and emailing other companies. Achievements include producing a database of all of Fozmula’s existing products, continuing with the development of a new measurement probe and solving issues with the design and making a successful presentation to the board of directors in the final week. After I finished work I was encouraged to apply for next year’s internship, which I would definitely be interested in, since I have realised I would like to pursue a career in electronic engineering design.

“Mike fitted in with the engineering team very quickly. We allocated various packages of work to Mike and he was able to pick these up with very little input and supervision from the rest of the team” – Line Manager