Language School Assistant – Ara Languages

University of Exeter Internship Scheme, UoE Internship, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

My responsibilities included brand development, increasing the website traffic, updating the website and campaigning via e-mail.

As a humanities student entering the internship I was keen to develop my business skills and Ara Languages helped me to achieve this. The Web Administrator role saw me work with Google Analytics and AdWords which developed my advertising, communication and administrative skills – skills I would not have otherwise learnt.

Did you encounter any problems during the course of your internship and if so, how did you overcome them?

Juggling the internship with forth year studies and society roles and commitments was arduous at times, but the skills I’ve learnt and the insight I now have into how small businesses operate made the effort well worth it.

“Having Thomas in the team has been very positive due to his high commitment and dedication to his role; he was very creative, easy to work with, proactive, responsible and punctual” – Line Manager