Legal Intern – Shook Lin & Bok

Legal Internship, A2!

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

The main purpose of my role as an attachee on the attachment programme was to gain an insight into life as a lawyer in commercial law. I was attached under a partner in the Banking Litigation department at the firm. This meant that my main roles and responsibilities were to help aid the partner in any research, ranging from simple basic internet research to researching complex legal issues which had never been done before. The role also involved compiling documents, help to organise cases and above all, constantly working towards a tight deadline.

What would you say was your biggest achievement over the course of your internship?

Overall, I felt I was able to put my legal knowledge, and legal skills to good use and apply it to the real working environment.

What benefits did your internship bring to your employer?

I benefitted the company by helping to ease the work load at the firm. The nature of work in a successful commercial law firm is that work is never ending, there are always new clients, returning clients, new legal issues and new things to learn every day.

Did you encounter any problems during the course of your internship and if so, how did you overcome them?

I found the internship very demanding on my time and energy  but I learnt that hard work pays off and this experience has removed any doubts and helped me gain an insight into life as a lawyer in the city.

KLintern