Mentoring Marketing Assistant – Employment Services, University of Exeter

Universtiy of Exeter Internships, UoE Internships, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

My main role was to provide marketing, promotional and administrative support to the Career Mentor Scheme, eXepert Scheme and other teams within Employment Services. Specifically, I was responsible for marketing the schemes to students, through distributing printed materials around campus in key areas and updating the information on plasma screens, university webpages, and in college newsletters. In order to do this, I had to create and update the materials, communicate opportunities and interact via social media platforms, write bulletins, and write press releases following events. Finally, I support the schemes by promoting at on-campus events, which requires in-depth knowledge of both schemes and good communication skills, and assisting in the organisation and running of Career Mentor Scheme Events.

I was able to improve my communication skills with a range of people across multiple channels; email, social media, phone and in person.

I was able to lighten their workload by monitoring, updating and distributing the marketing materials every week, and was able to assist other areas of the team by distributing for them too. Additionally, by assisting in the running of events, and having knowledge of the scheme, I was able to support staff changeover.

LF