Organisation Development Consultant – South West Water

South West Water Internship, UoE Internship, University of exeter Internship, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

Working within the Organisation Development team at South West Water, I was responsible for assisting in the delivery of business change projects across the company. This involved the development and implementation of new business processes, IT systems, organisation structures and performance management techniques.

This internship has been an invaluable experience, significantly boosting my employability, and has been vital in focusing my career aspirations. I have gained experience working on a number of different business change projects, learning key project management skills and building my confidence in the workplace.

Did you encounter any problems during the course of your internship and if so, how did you overcome them?

Working for South West Water presented me with a steep learning curve, the role has been extremely challenging but equally rewarding, and I have received an excellent level of support from my colleagues every step of the way.  I was encouraged to use my own initiative and creativity, and have been given more responsibility as recognition for my hard work. No two days have been the same as I have gained experience working with a number of different departments across the business, supporting them as they undergo large scale changes. I have gained significant knowledge and experience of project and programme management, and recently obtained a PRINCE 2 qualification, something which is widely recognised in the UK and internationally.

“Rebecca has grasped every opportunity, often going above and beyond what’s expected of her and always produces excellent results – regularly exceeding expectations.  The professional, well thought out options and proposals that Rebecca has developed in response to both Business and Project challenges have her creative stamp on them and have been well received and utilised across a number of departments. At the start of the internship, Rebecca was given a number of minor projects to work on but soon demonstrated her ability to add real value to major, high profile projects, allowing her to gaining invaluable and transferable experience whilst developing her excellent reputation within the Business.  I have no doubt that Rebecca will be an asset to any team” – Line Manager

rebeccakelly