Quality Assurance Officer – Business School, University of Exeter

University of Exeter Business School, UoE Internships, Exeter Business School, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

During the internship my role was to lead a project to audit the Business School’s undergraduate and postgraduate modules to draw out and capture the extent to which these support the School’s internationalisation, employability, external engagement and environmental sustainability agendas for EQUIS accreditation. I also conducted interviews, both face to face and by email, with academic module leaders in the Business School, in order to draw out and capture information to record. Finally, I worked on the Key Information Sets (KIS) project which involved large volumes of data transfer and analysis.

The GBP scheme was one of the major factors that enabled me to secure a full time job as Admissions Administrator for the University of Exeter Medical School. I developed a range of skills, such as the ability to communicate and work with individuals from different backgrounds, ability to deliver high quality work to deadlines, excellent written communication skills (transcribing the interviews) and it also helped me to become an experienced interviewer. My confidence levels have gone up remarkably.

The work I did went a long way to assisting the Business School in its EQUIC accreditation by providing essential qualitative and quantitative information to senior managers. If the business school is successful in its accreditation, I will have been directly involved with getting the Business School recognised as one of the leading Business Schools in the UK.

“Naomi was a highly efficient and productive member of the team” – Line Manager

nidhiboda