Student Engagement Officer – University of Exeter

University of Exeter Internships, UoE Internships, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

I was responsible for overseeing and supporting a wide portfolio of projects to improve the student experience. I was a ‘Change Agents’ co-ordinator, which meant that I supported and networked groups of students to lead change and improvement within their disciplines. A project area that I was keenly involved with was the co-ordination and expansion of the level of support that we offer to students who study abroad. This particular role included: updating and creating websites; writing reports; processing paperwork; and liaising with third parties, such as partner universities around the world and departments external to my college.

I was awarded the runner up for one of the Guild Teaching Awards for my work as a change agent. Additionally, the student engagement model I help to develop was recommended for use in other colleges.

The internship provided me the opportunity to liaise and work alongside a rich variety of colleagues, both within and outside the College. I was able to interact with departments that represented different sectors and areas of business in general. It was a great insight into the possibilities and opportunities that I could pursue after my GBP.

“Alex’s period of employment has been hugely successful” – Line Manager

ratcliffe