Trainee Project Engineer – ND Precision Products

Engineering Internship, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

My tasks included measuring products for repair jobs to create computer models of the product for the workshop team, assisting in designing tooling solutions and creating models and engineering drawings for a variety of products including repair jobs and tooling solutions. I was also trained in how to operate precision grinders and a CNC Lathe as well as a large variety of measuring equipment. I also improved some of the company’s advertising materials to be more suited to the oil and gas industry.

What would you say was your biggest achievement over the course of your internship?

I vastly improved my knowledge of manufacturing techniques which improved my engineering drawings and design creativity.

What benefits did your internship bring to your employer?

I lightened the workload for my colleagues and taught the design engineer a few things about the SolidEdge ST6 program.

Did you encounter any problems during the course of your internship and if so, how did you overcome them?

I had very limited knowledge of manufacturing processes so some of my drawings were not helpful to the manufacturing team. I overcame this problem by getting training on some of the machines and showing some drawings to the experienced manufacturers to get a vast amount of advice.

1