Welcome to LibGuides, our new online platform for Library support. LibGuides are a versatile and easy-to-use tool that will help you make the most of your Library resources and facilities, and provide extensive support in a number of key areas.
The new A-Z Databases page provides you with easy access to the University’s extensive online collection. Browse a full A-Z list of our online databases and archives, including trial subscriptions. You can also search for individual databases, or filter databases by subject area or content type (journals, ebooks, archives etc.).
Subject Guides are a focal point of Library information and support for individual subject areas, bringing together essential resources, guidance and Library information in one convenient location. Each guide provides a comprehensive introduction to Library services, introduces you to Library Search and highlights a range of key resources for research in your subject discipline. There are also tips on developing your literature searching skills and guidance on a range of referencing styles.
Subject Guides for every University subject area will be fully complete and accessible by the start of term.
You can access our selection of Subject Guides here – http://libguides.exeter.ac.uk/.
General Purpose / Topic Guides
Our collection of General Purpose and Topic Guides provide support for a number of additional subjects.
General Purpose guides include:
- Getting Started: An introduction to Exeter’s core Library services and facilities.
- Copyright for students: Copyright can be a complex issue. This clear, plain-English guide covers all of the essential copyright information that you need to know.
Topic Guides include:
- Primary Sources: A quick guide on how to find and make the most of primary sources in a range of subjects.
- Making the most of Google Scholar: Tips on successfully harnessing Google’s free academic search tool.
- Getting yourself known: Advice and guidance for academics looking to enhance their research profile.
To view our full range of General Purpose and Topic Guides, go to the LibGuides homepage and select ‘By Type’.
We would love to hear your feedback on the new LibGuides. If you have any comments and would like to let us know what you think, please feel free to email us at .