SEN POLICY RESEARCH FORUM next policy seminar:
‘Trends in SEN identification: contexts, causes and consequences’
3 Feb, 1.30 for 2-5pm St Albans Centre, Leigh Place, Baldwin’s Gardens, London EC1N 7AB.
How to get there at http://stalbanscentre.org/location/
Seminar issues and questions:
- • Are there shifts from an interactive to within-child model of identification? And if so, what are the factors that are contributing to this
- • What are the changing relationships between parents, schools and LAs and their influence on identification practice?
- • What kind of identification and assessment framework do we need for the future?
- Jo Hutchinson, Education Policy Institute (EPI)
- How fairly and effectively special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) including those with social, emotional and mental health needs) are identified ,
- Dr Sami Timimi, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- ASD: An increase or redefinition: has there been a loss of focus?
- Neil McKay, Consultant and trainer; originator of dyslexia friendly school concept.
- Dyslexia: its changing patterns of definition and identification.
To book a place please register for the seminar to R.K.Harwood@exeter.ac.uk