Seminar Programme for 2022/23:
- Tuesday 20th September 2022 – Annelies Cazemier, ‘Antigonid kings and Greek sanctuaries’
- Tuesday 6th December 2022 – Monica D’Agostini, ‘Philip V, Messene and Aratus’ Panhellenic Dream’
- Tuesday 31st January 2023 – Kostas Buraselis, ‘Remarks on a
royal funeral at Salamis (Cyprus)’
- Tuesday 21st March 2023 – Sofia Kravaritou, ‘Thessaly and the Antigonids: insights into Hellenistic religion in context’
- Tuesday 25th April 2023 – Charalampos Chrysafis, ‘Antigonid Garrisons in Greek Poleis after 301 BCE’
- Tuesday 16th May 2023 – Emma Nicholson, on her book, (2023) Philip V of Macedon in Polybius’ Histories: Politics, History and Fiction, OUP.
- Tuesday 13th June 2023 – Shane Wallace, ‘Athens and the Antigonids’
Past Seminars & Recordings
Robin Waterfield on his book, (2021) The Making of a King. Antigonus Gonatas of Macedon and the Greeks, University of Chicago Press.
Francesco Ferrara on his book, (2020) Basileus e Basileia. Forme e luoghi della regalità macedone, Edizioni Quasar.
Manuela Mari on “Interactions between Antigonid kings and local authorities” (epigraphy)
Franca Landucci on her book, (2021) Diodoro Siculo. Biblioteca storica. Libri XIX-XX.
Yiannis Xydopoulos, on “Philip III: a puppet king”.
Paschalis Paschidis on “City, ethnos and king in Antigonid Macedonia: the evidence from the new asylia decrees”
Charlotte Dunn & Pat Wheatley on their book, Demetrius the Besieger (2020)
Monica D’Agostini on her book, The Rise of Philip V (2019)
Peter Van Alfen on The Antigonid Coins Online project
Katerina Panagopoulou on her book, Τhe Early Antigonids: Coinage, Money and the Economy (2021)
Olga Palagia, on Aspects of Antigonid Portraiture
Chrysanthi Kallini, on pottery in Antigonid Macedonia
- Day-School: Kings, Queens and Cities. An informal day-school with Sheila Ager. 30th April 2019. The University of Exeter.
- Conference: Macedonia After Alexander: the Antigonids and their Kingdom, 8th June 2018. The University of Exeter.
- Day-School: Dynastica Hellenistica. An informal day-school with Pat Wheatley. 17th November 2017. The University of Exeter.