The main goal of this toolkit is to support children with attention-deficit, hyperactivity or impulsivity to stay in the classroom and get the same out of their learning and school experience as their classmates. You, as the child's teacher or TA, will use the toolkit with the child to help them reach small, achievable targets, set by you, the parent and SENDCos.
The drop-down items below are the main areas where we'll ask for your support. Some of them are to do with the delivery of the toolkit, others are to help us evaluate it. Any school staff who choose to participate in this research will receive £10 from us as a thank you for taking part.
This training will also include more detail on how the toolkit works.
Click here or here to see an example of some of the training resources we might provide.
These problem areas will be converted into targets for the child. The targets can be mapped to modules. Within each module ther will be a range of strategies for you to use in the classroom over 6 weeks. You can choose as many strategies within a module to try as you like.
- ADHD symptoms and classroom functioning for the study child (<10 minutes each time)
- How well specific modules and strategies work. (~15 minutes each time)
- Your wellbeing
- The toolkit once you have started using it (~30 minute conversation)
- What went well and what needs improving. (~90 minute focus group with other school staff)
- Feedback to the research team should issues arise with the toolkit that need immediate change or further instruction.
A breakdown of when each stage will occur is shown here: