£15,000 ChAMP and WAFT Collaboration Fund award
The CDT in Metamaterials PGR Liam Trimby contributed significantly to the development of this proposal, following an idea from Dr A Alexeev to demonstrate a novel approach for chemical sensing based on phase-change IR metamaterial devices, and to use the preliminary results to submit a larger collaborative grant application.
Both the ChAMP and WAFT research projects are funded by EPSRC and work with a number of academic and industrial partners. Synergies between the projects have developed joint funding of PhD student/post-doc led proposals for collaborative research across ChAMP and WAFT.
This project will last from 1-June-2018 to 30-September-2018 and bring together a team from Engineering at the University of Exeter
- Liam Trimby – PhD candidate at the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Metamaterials
- Dr Arseny Alexeev – Honorary Research Fellow with 8 years’ experience in nanophotonic devices
- Prof David Wright – Leader of Nanoengineering Science and Technology Group, Department of Engineering
and a team from Physical Chemistry at the University of Cambridge
- Farah Alimagham – PhD candidate in optical chemical sensors, spectroscopy and microfluidic systems
- Dr Tanya Hutter – Research Fellow with 8 years’ experience in chemical sensor development
- Prof Stephen Elliott – Leader of Chemical Physics Group at the Department of Chemistry.
Congratulations to the succesful applicants!
More information on ChAMP and WAFT: