- To promote understanding about lesson study and related practices (learning studies) in their contexts and across varied phases of education.
- To support further thinking and research about developing lesson study practices in ITE and CPd>
- To examine knowledge exchange and other lesson study processes
- To bring colleagues from different the Research Centres and from the PGCE together within a new network.
- To establish Graduate School of Education as a University centre for innovative lesson study theory and practice, building on the recent World Association of Lesson Study (WALS) conference 2016.
- To examine the prospects of lesson study to inform the design of ITE and CPD provided in GSE
- 2-3 meetings per term (1-1.5 hours)
- Read and critical discussion of lesson study related research literature
- Informal presentations of lesson study related research and development ideas, practices and plans
- Develop projects; funded and unfunded (using some internal funding now available)