PGRs present at Complex Nanophotonics Science Camp

Three of our PGRs- final year PGRs Joe Shields and Dean Patient, and third year PGR James Capers– presented at the Complex Nanophotonics Science Camp, which was held on August 2nd-5th 2022 at Cumberland Lodge, Windsor Great Park.

The Science Camp brings together 60 early-career scientists in the field of photonics but also science writers and editors in an unconventional format – mixing contributed and invited talks, seminars and debates – to present and discuss the latest research and future directions of the field in an open atmosphere and help developing the Complex Nanophotonics community.

PGRs James Capers and Dean Patient comment on the experience:

James: “It was great to connect with other early career researchers in the optics community, as well as some prominent professors.  The beautiful venue and well organised sessions led to many interesting discussions and gave me lots to think about going forwards.  It was also fantastic to present my work and get such a positive response.”

Dean: “Complex nano-photonics provided a fantastic opportunity to connect and discuss physics with others that share similar research topics. The talks provided great insight into topics I hadn’t thought about in detail before. I thoroughly enjoyed presenting my poster, and the discussions I had with people left me with new ideas and avenues to extend my own research further.”