Submit articles direct to Taro Fujita (Editor): email@example.com
Please read the following information before submitting your paper.
The Journal is pleased to publish contributions on any aspect of the use of technology in education and training likely to be of interest to readers. The main criterion of acceptance is that the material should make a contribution to knowledge in this field. The types of contribution considered for publication in The International Journal for Technology in Mathematics Education are:
- Research reports, which should normally contain the theoretical framework and references to related literature, together with a justification and description of the methodology used and some analysis of the results of the study;
- Ideas for Teaching and Learning, papers in this section report on classroom activities and good ideas for teaching with technology and include some evaluation of the experience of students who have used the activities;
- Discussion papers, that raise important issues on the teaching and learning of mathematics with technology and which may be anticipated to promote a wide-ranging discussion.
Two or three reviewers, who will report on the quality and originality of the paper, will referee research reports. Papers submitted to the other two sections receive a lighter refereeing touch and will normally be reviewed by the Editorial Board, or our experienced reviewers.
Because of the current COVID-19 pandemic, the review process might take longer than usual.
Articles describing significant research should identify clearly the significance and outcomes of the work together with the research method. Areas for publication of research are likely to include:
- the influence of technology on the teaching and learning of mathematics at all levels
- substantial and critical reviews of current research related to the technology in teaching and learning
- theoretical reflections on the role of technology in education
- experiments in the use of the technology in teaching and learning
- teaching methodology using technology
- the use of technology in mathematics research
- comparisons of different technology Systems
Ideas for Teaching and Learning
For papers submitted for Ideas for teaching, please consider if the paper contributes to the following aspects in the teaching and learning of mathematics with technologies:
- different and innovative ways in which technology can be used in teaching/learning
- integration of technology into the teaching of mathematics
- visualisation of mathematics concepts using technology
- discussion of the philosophy of using technology as an educational tool
- reports on new learning resources and workshop materials
Discussion Papers are possibly shorter, hopefully contentious, contributions providing the opportunity for debate, through the Journal, on issues relating to the use of technology in teaching and learning mathematics.