Aimee, Human Resources

Aimee participated in the Career Mentor Scheme during her second year. Interested in Human Resources, Aimee was matched with a University of Exeter alumnus and Human Resources Manager for the General council of the bar.

Aimee was able to visit her mentor’s place of work in Sitingbourne to gain invaluable insight into the field and felt that her objectives for the mentor scheme had mostly been met. She was able to improve her confidence and personal skills necessary for graduate employment as well as learn about good and bad aspects of the sector. Aimee also felt that she had made a friend and future professional contact in her mentor.

Aimee shared some insights into the ways in which the scheme was beneficial to her:

What were the highlights of the scheme for you?

I met my mentor at their place of work and I was able to talk with other members of the department as well as my mentor.  

What did you find most useful from the mentoring experience?

I gained valuable insight into my chosen profession and advice on the methods that are available to me in order to achieve a successful career in the field.

What message would you give to a student thinking of applying for the Career Mentor Scheme?

It is a very useful scheme that enables you to gain an invaluable insight into your chosen profession and in particular from an individual, in my experience, who is more than happy to provide plenty of advice and guidance!