Edition: 28th International Conference
Host: The International Trade and Finance Association
Partner University: Beijing University of International Business and Economics Beijing, China
Theme: New Paradigms in the Global Economy
Dates: May 23 – 26, 2018
Location: Beijing, China
CALL FOR PAPERS
28th Conference of the International Trade and Finance Association will be held in Beijing, China,
May 23-26 (Wednesday to Saturday), 2018. We are delighted that Beijing University of Business and Economics is hosting our 2018 conference.
IT&FA is a multi-disciplinary association, and welcomes scholars and professionals from economics and finance, marketing and management, law, communications and other disciplines with an interest in globalization and the global economy. The conference will consist of regular competitive sessions, as well as plenary sessions dealing with high-profile issues.
We invite proposals on all aspects of international trade and finance, including such emerging issues as cyber security and economic warfare, digital free trade and e-commerce, intellectual property protections, and trade in various services. As in the past, IT&FA seeks papers on trade policy, exchange rates, investments and capital flows, banking, migration, tourism, communications, transportation, governance and law, and management and marketing. Industry-specific studies are welcome (such as agriculture, retail, textiles, and entertainment), as are proposals dealing with multilateral, regional, and national issues impacting international trade and finance. Theoretical, conceptual and empirical papers are also invited.
- Program: Offers discussions of economic topics across many disciplines via speakers and panels.
- Special Events: The Presidential Address, award presentations, paper/panel presentations, gala dinner, and networking opportunities.
- Proceedings: The International Trade and Finance Association will publish an electronic “Papers and Proceedings” edition highlighting selected papers from the meeting.
- Paper Awards: We offer US$500 for the best paper submitted to the conference and US$250 for the best student paper, along with certificates confirming each.
IT&FA’s registration fee is US$300 to all participants/US$125 for students who submit initial registration materials and abstracts by January 31, 2018. The late registration fee is $350 after January 31, 2018. This fee will cover registration, associated expenses, and one year’s membership in IT&FA.
Cancellations: Before April 15, 100% of the registration fee is refundable. After April 15, 50% of the fee is refundable.
The conference will open with a reception on Wednesday, May 23, hold sessions on Thursday and Friday, including a banquet on Friday evening, and conclude with final sessions or a group event on Saturday, May 26. Those planning to depart on Sunday, May 27, will have time to investigate the unique circumstances that connect China to the evolving global economy. These include important history, world-class cultural beautiful parks, and shopping.
IT&FA seeks both proposals for individual papers and for complete sessions. Complete sessions should have three to four papers. In the case of multiple authors for a paper, at least one author must register for the conference. No participant will be permitted to present more than two papers.
- November 1, 2017, to January 31, 2018 – Registration Materials and Abstracts submitted for Peer Review
- February 15, 2018 – Notification of Acceptance by this date
- March 31, 2018 – Payment of Registration Fee Due. Visa documentation requests due along with payment, if not requested earlier.
- April 15, 2018 – Deadline for Hotel Registrations. Cancellation for 100% returned fees, 50% return fees hereafter.
- May 1, 2018 – Conference schedule posted online
- May 23 to 26, 2018 – Conference convenes at Beijing University of International Business and Economics
For additional registration information and updates, please see the association website: http://www.itfaconference.org If you have any questions, please contact
Prof. Sarah K. Bryant, the Executive Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.