The Annual Bank Conference on Development Economics (ABCDE), organized by the World Bank’s Development Economics (DEC) Vice Presidency, is one of the world’s best-known series of conferences for the presentation and discussion of new knowledge on development.… read more ...
Call for Papers
“The Dynamics of Trade”
Nottingham, United Kingdom
8-9 June 2020
The Nottingham Centre for Globalization and Economic Policy (GEP) are pleased to announce that their annual summer trade workshop will take place at University of Nottingham 8-9 June 2020.… read more ...
Taking place in Berlin, Germany
August 3-7, 2020
The Political Economy of Conflict and Redistribution (PECR) Summer School is aimed at young researchers in the early stage of their careers as PhD students and Postdocs, notably in the fields of Economics and Political Science.… read more ...
We would like to thank The School of Economics, University of Nottingham, for hosting and sponsoring the 6th InsTED Workshop. We would also like to thank the Nottingham School of Economics for incorporating The World Economy Lecture into the InsTED Workshop, and Wiley for sponsoring this.… read more ...
2020 Annual Conference
The 2020 annual conference will take place in Hamburg on June 25-26.
Anandi Mani (Oxford University)
Leonard Wantchekon (Princeton University)
Local Organizers: Dierk Herzer (Helmut-Schmidt-Universität), Jann Lay (GIGA Institut für Afrika-Studien), Rainer Thiele (Institut für Weltwirtschaft Kiel)
Selection Committee: Axel Dreher (Heidelberg University), Andreas Fuchs (University of Göttingen/IfW Kiel), Michael Grimm (University of Passau), Isabel Günther (ETH Zürich), Anke Hoeffler (University of Konstanz), Jann Lay (GIGA Hamburg) and Rainer Thiele (IfW Kiel).… read more ...
16-19 June 2020 | Le Corum, Montpellier, France
Extended abstract submission deadline: 27 September 2019
We have had a fantastic response to our Call for Abstracts but following several requests for a little extra time to submit abstracts, the deadline for both oral and poster submissions will be extended until Friday 27th September 2019.… read more ...
• Regulation of Commerce (taxation of extraterrestrial activity; trade between Earth and space facilities; trade between extraterrestrial facilities)
• Natural Resource Extraction and its Implications (mining of celestial bodies; salvage in space; treaties governing such activities)
• Contract Issues (property rights and contract enforcement without governing bodies; liability and insurance challenges for commercial launch service providers; arbitration)
• Sovereignty Concerns (competition among governments in space; antipiracy enforcement; extraterrestrial sovereignty)
• Competition Policy Issues (rules; effective enforcement; lack of governing authority; market access to space; allocating orbits)
• Technology and Innovation (spillovers between aerospace and other industries; scale economies and market power in commercial launch services and communication services; the development and application of machine learning)
• Multilateral Agreements (design of agreements; dispute settlement and arbitration; managing space trash; allocating orbits)
The goal of the workshop is twofold.… read more ...
Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
21 – 22 March (Sat – Sun), 2020
The Research School of Economics at the Australian National University will host the 15th Australasian Trade Workshop (ATW) on 21st and 22nd March, 2020.… read more ...
The Research Institute for Development, Growth and Economics (RIDGE) is pleased to announce a call for papers for the Workshop on International Trade / Growth and Development in Macroeconomics to be held in Montevideo, Uruguay, on 17-19 December 2019.… read more ...
December, 16-17, 2019, Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium)
Following the 2018 Economics and Politics at Lille (EP@L), the 2019 Economics and Politics Workshop will take place at Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) and become EP@B, jointly organized by Centre Emile Bernheim (ULB), Dulbéa (ULB), CEE (Sciences Po Paris), and LEM (University of Lille).… read more ...