EASTT Workshop 28 – 29 June 2018
The aim of this workshop is to bring together leading researchers from academia and industry to discuss the underlying science of spin transfer torque, and the technological opportunities that it presents for new active magnetic devices. Particular emphasis will be placed upon spin orbit torques (SOTs) for lateral transport devices, and spin transfer oscillators (STO) for tuneable microwave emission. The workshop is funded in part by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) grant EP/P008550/1 and is scheduled immediately after the International Conference on Microwave Magnetics (ICMM) 2018 that will held in Exeter from 24-27 June 2018.
Please note that rooms in Holland Hall and Ransom Pickard will no longer be reserved for the EASTT workshop from the 7th June.
If you have not yet booked accommodation, please register and book accommodation by the 7th of June to secure accommodation in Holland Hall or Ransom Pickard. After the 7th of June accommodation can be booked through the Event Exeter website on a first-come-first-served basis.
Confirmed Invited Speakers
- Johan Åkerman, Department of Physics, University of Gothenburg, School of ICT, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Kista, and NanOsc AB, Kista, Sweden
- Del Atkinson, Department of Physics, Durham University, Durham, United Kingdom
- Andrei Slavin, Department of Physics, Oakland University, Rochester MI, USA
- Philippe Talatchian, Unité Mixte de Physique CNRS/Thales, Palaiseau, France
- Sumito Tsunegi, Spintronics Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science And Technology (AIST), Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
- Alexey Khvalkovskiy, Crocus Nano Electronics, LLC, Volgogradsky Prospekt 42, bld 5
Moscow, 109316, Russia
- Alexander V. Goncharov, Western Digital Corporation, San Jose, CA
- Kirill Rivkin, Seagate Technology
Single session (invited & contributed talks)
05 February 2018: Abstract submission opens
20 March 2018: Abstract submission deadline
24 April 2018: Notification of Acceptance
28 June 2018 – 29 June 2018: Workshop