Equipment: pens and paper.
This game involves everyone thinking of two or so questions, which are suitable for other members of the family. You can make up your own questions, but to give you the gist, here are some we have used in the past.
- Which sandwich do you hate the most, prawn mayonnaise or rocket?
- What is the longest book you’ve read?
- Would you rather be rich or beautiful?
- What is your favourite drink?
- What time do you get up in the morning or school/work?
- What would your dream holiday be like?
- What colour is your toothbrush?
- Who would you like to be your PE teacher?
- What is your favourite animal and why?
- Who is your best TV character?
- Would you rather be a superhero or a camel?
Feel free to use or adapt these. The game works like this. One person complies the list of questions, then reads them out to each member of the family in turn. The person to whom the questions are directed doesn’t answer immediately.
First everyone else predicts in turn what their answer will be. You take it in turns to be first to predict. The person to whom the questions are directed does then reveal the correct answer. You get a point for every correctly predicted answer, or the nearest answer.Then the questions are directed at the next player and everyone else guesses or predicts until all players have answered. only disadvantage with this game is it can become slightly tedious if there are a few of you, so limit to ten questions the first time you play and see how that goes. The winner of course is the person with the highest score.
In fact this game is adapted from ‘Mr & Mrs’ the old TV show…remember that? Showing me age again!