Madalina, Management and Consultancy

Madalina, Business and Management student, was interested in going into Management and Consultancy. Through the Career Mentor Scheme she was matched with a Group Operations Director at Catlin.

This mentor’s main responsibilities include managing Process Change, Education, Knowledge and Programme. She has a wide range of experiences including previously working as an Associate Partner at IBM and as Learning Solutions Consultant at PwC.

business-web-1232960

Madalina benefited from the scheme and being mentored in a number of ways. Madalina got an insight into her chosen career and found out more about the good and bad aspects of the sector. She also received help preparing for the next steps after graduation and gathered information about the sector entry requirements.

Were there any other objectives you achieved?

I receive the personal opinion of my mentor through a professional perspective in regards to office situations and the corporate environment.

What were the highlights of the scheme for you?

I appreciated my mentor’s patience and guidance […] and her care in providing a balanced answer.

What did you find most useful from the mentoring experience?

I enjoyed learning of my mentor’s experiences through her perspective at this point.

What were the highlights for the mentor?

“Madalina was looking for more than just career coaching, also looking to apply her academic learning through my business experiences”