On 21st November 2019, a webinair about scour at bridges has been presented by CIRIA with the aim to update the existing Scour Guidance CIRIA C742: Manual on scour at bridges and other hydraulic structures (2015). Dr Prakash Kripakaran presented the results from research at the University of Exeter and how these have been included in scour assessment practice within the framework of Highways England’s BD97/12. The webinair can be accessed here.
The team has assembled a consortium of stakeholders, including consultants, asset owners, public agencies and industry bodies, as listed below.
- Jeremy Benn Associates (JBA)
- Mott MacDonald (MM)
- Cornwall Council
- Netwrok Rail (NR)
- Bridge Owners Forum (BOF)
- Association of Directors of Environment, Economy, Planning & Transport (ADEPT)
- Environment Agency (EA)
- Bill Harvey Associates (BHA)
- Devon County Council (DCC)
- Cumbria County Council (CCC)
- Rail Safety & Standards Board (RSSB)
- UK Bridges Board (UKBB)
- Construction Industry Research and Information Association (CIRIA)